Senior Java Developer
We have Flexi working policy - you can work from Anywhere!
We are the Devcity, a team of young enthusiasts from IT world. We keep pace with a newest trends and technologies. We like to both play with our own products and help our customers mostly in e-commerce with their key projects. We are currently looking for an enthusiastic Java software engineers who has already built a few micro-services and knows what it takes to deploy and run them in a production environment.
Working agile is our standard. We are not newbies to this, we have been doing it for a long time and we know how to do it.
You can find our central hub in Prague and in Brno but you can work from anywhere and help us to create more hubs, both in the Czech Republic and around the world.
We are looking for a whole team of backend Java Engineers who will help us build a cloud platform that abstracts away the complexity and fragmentation of the data and APIs of the world of personal transportation and turns it into a structured, performant and reliable system for our client application teams to use.
What it is about
O čem to je
- Design, build and improve scalable systems that connect to many services & data sources inside and outside.
- Work with your team to rapidly test ideas, use results for iterations and improve our product.
- Operate and maintain critical core systems, owning reliability, performance, and availability.
- Apply your engineering experience to automate processes and maintenance.
- Help more junior engineers grow in their profession.
- Be hands-on with our diverse technology stack and have an opportunity to participate in defining and developing internal standards and shared components.
What would be great you know
Bylo by dobré znát
- A passion for building performant and scalable products that cater to the needs of customers, internal and external.
- 3+ years of experience in designing software systems and with production systems in a high volume environment. Understanding how microservice architectures work. Practical experience with Java and a subset of the following is required: Spring, Spring Boot, Docker, Kubernetes, Google Cloud, a NoSQL database
- Ability to solve complex multi-disciplinary problems, analyze, design, create modular solutions and deliver them end-to-end within an MVP, with a value-driven and iterative approach.
- Knowledge of deployment, monitoring, and supporting applications in production environments
- Fluent English
This is what you can experience in our team
Co můžeš očekávat
- Great colleagues and absolutely flexible working policy.
- Career coaching and development
- Flexible working hours/Remote work as you require
- Technical trainings and workshops
- Technical equipment for work
- Opportunity to participate on our product portfolio with your ideas
- Company parties
- Opportunity to participate in our tech events
- Holiday stay in a beautiful cottage in mountains in Czech republic (Orlické hory)
- Our interest to constantly make our cooperation more pleasant for you :)